(ScTug: t. 125; l. 91'0"; b. 17'6"; dph. 8'6"; dr. 8'; s. 12 mph.; cpl. 14; a. 2 guns)
Albert DeGroat-a screw tug built in 1863 at Buffalo, N.Y.-was purchased by the Navy at New York City on 16 October 1863; renamed Snowdrop; and was fitted out at the New York Navy Yard. After service at New York into the spring of 1864, Snowdrop was assigned to the North Atlantic Blockading Squadron and ordered to Hampton Roads on 2 May. She served in the North Atlantic Blockading Squadron through the last two years of the Civil War and apparently operated exclusively in the Hampton Roads area. After peace was restored, she remained at the Norfolk Navy Yard through the reconstruction years. She was ordered to New York. sometime in the second half of 1883 and was broken up at the New York Navy Yard in 1884.