A river in north-central Delaware that empties into the Delaware River.
(LSMR-532: dp. 1,084; l. 206'3"; b. 34'6"; dr. 7'2"; s. 12.6 k.; cpl. 138; a. 1 5", 10 rkt., 4 40mm., 4 4.2"m.; cl. Elk River)
Smyrna River (LSMR-532) was laid down on 2 June 1945 by Brown Shipbuilding Co., Inc., Houston, Tex.; launched on 7 July; and commissioned on 12 October 1945.
Smyrna River sailed to Charleston, S.C., on 9 October via Galveston and thence to Little Creek, Va., for her shakedown. On 8 January 1946, she was ordered to Green Cove Springs, Fla., for lay-up with the Atlantic Reserve Fleet. On the 13th, she was ordered to join the reserve fleet at Charleston. She arrived there on 14 January and was directed to return to Green Cove Springs to be decommisisoned there. Smyrna River was placed in reserve, out of commission, in March 1946. She was struck from the Navy list on 29 August 1958 and sold to the Federal Republic of Germany on 5 September as Otter (L-754). The ship was decommissioned and scrapped on 15 December 1967.