Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Skink

 

(SP-605: t. 10; l. 50'; b. 10'6"; s. 17 k.; cpl. 7; a. 1 mg.)

 

Skink (SP-605), a motor boat built in 1917 by George Lawley and Son, Neponset, Mass., was acquired by the Navy on 30 June 1917 from Robert D. Longyear, Cambridge, Mass; having already been commissioned on 13 June 1917. She carried out patrol duties in the 1st Naval District until decommissioned on 22 November 1918. Skink was returned to her owner on 24 February 1919.