Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Siwash

 

(SP-12: t. 56; l. 78'; b. 14'9"; dr. 4'1"; s. 13 k.; cpl. 15; a. 1 1-pdr., 1 mg.)

 

Siwash (SP-12), a motorboat built in 1916 by the Gas Engine and Power Co., Morris Heights, N.Y., was acquired by the Navy on 18 June 1917 from C. A. Schieren of New York, and commissioned on 18 August 1917. She patrolled in the 3d Naval District until decommissioned on 10 May 1919. Siwash was transferred to the Department of Commerce on 16 June 1919.