(AF-60: dp. 7,430; l. 459'; b. 63'; dr. 27'; s. 17 k.; cpl. 278; cl. T. C2-S-B1)
The second Sirius (AF-60), ex-SS Tradewind (MC hull 185), was laid down on 5 January 1942 by Moore Dry Dock Co., Oakland, Calif.; launched on 11 April 1942; sponsored by Mrs. Olga Johnson; and delivered to the Maritime Administration on 30 April 1943.
Sirius was acquired by the Navy from the Maritime Administration on 18 May 1956 and commissioned on 12 January 1957 at San Francisco. On 26 April, she sailed for Sasebo, Japan, arriving on 14 May. Sirius was to spend most of her commissioned service plying between ports in the Far East and with the 7th Fleet. She supplied fleet units in Japan; Hong Kong, B.C.C.; the Philippine Islands; Okinawa; and Taiwan.
Sirius was struck from the Navy list on 1 August 1965 and returned to the Maritime Administration. She was subsequently sold to West Waterway Lumber Co., Seattle, Wash., on 13 April 1971.