(IX-142: l. 485'; b. 62'6"; s. 10.2 k. (tl.); cpl. 111 ; a. 1 5", 13")
Standard Arrow-a merchant tanker built by the New York Shipbuilding Co. at Camden, N. J., in 1916 -was acquired by the Navy on 4 April 1944 and commissioned on the same date as Signal (IX-142).
Signal supported the war effort in the Pacific by carrying and storing oil for Service Squadron 10, based at Majuro and Ulithi atolls. She remained with the Navy until 20 February 1946, at which time she was returned to her owner. Her name was struck from the Navy list on 12 March 1946, and Signal returned to merchant service for about a year before being scrapped in 1947.