Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Shur

 

(SP-782: t. 48; l. 78'8"; b. 12'6"; dr. 4'; s. 12.7 k.; cpl. 15; a. 1 1-pdr., 1 mg.)

 

Shur (SP-782), a motor boat built as Tyche in 1906 by Murray and Tregurtha, South Boston, Mass., was acquired by the Navy as Shur on 11 June 1917 from her owner, F. W. Pollard, Boston, Mass., and commissioned on 22 June 1917. She carried out patrols in the 1st Naval District until decommissioned on 18 January1919. Struck from the Navy list on 18 September 1919, Shur was sold on 4 December 1919 to William H. Browning of New York City.