A city in Wisconsin.
(PF-57: dp. 1,430; l. 303'11"; b. 37'6"; dr. 13'8"; s. 20 k.; cpl. 176; a. 2 3", 4 40mm., 2 dct, 8 dcp., 1 dcp. (hh.) ; cl. Tacoma; T. S2-S2-AQ1)
Sheboygan (PF-57), originally classified PG-165, was reclassified PF-57 on 15 April 1943; laid down on 17 April 1943 under Maritime Commission contract by the Globe Shipbuilding Co., Superior, Wis.; sponsored by Mrs. Willard M. Sonnenburg; and placed in reduced commission at New Orleans on 26 May 1944, Lt. Comdr. A. J. Carpenter, USCG, in command.
Ordered to Tampa, Fla., for conversion to a weather patrol ship, Sheboygan was decommissioned on 1 June. On 14 October 1944, she was recommissioned. Shakedown in Bermuda followed; and, on 21 February, the PF arrived at Argentia, Newfoundland, for weather patrol duty. As a Navy ship, she performed weather and plane guard patrols in the North Atlantic, broken by periods of upkeep in Argentia and Boston, until transferred to the United States Coast Guard on 14 March 1946. Her work in the North Atlantic, however, continued until she was decommissioned on 9 August 1946. She was sold on 19 March 1947 to Belgium and served in the Belgian Navy as Lieutenant ter zee Victor Billet until modified to a stationary training hulk about 1958.