Turning on an axis like a wheel.
(YO - 148: displacement 2,136; length 200’0”; beam 34’0”; speed 9 knots; armament 3 20mm.)
Rotary (YO-148), formerly A. J. Patmore, was acquired by the Navy 13 November 1942 in the 3d Naval District and commissioned at Sullivan's Dry Dock & Repair Co., Brooklyn, N.Y., 23 February 1943, Chief Boatswain George A. Rowland, USNR, in command.
Assigned duty with the Service Force, Atlantic Fleet, Rotary, a self-propelled fuel oil barge, reported to Casco Bay, Maine, under the operational command of Commander, Destroyers, U.S. Atlantic Fleet, and served continuously there through December 1945 fueling destroyers and other visiting vessels.
Rotary was struck from the Navy list 21 May 1946 and transferred to the Maritime Commission for disposal on 30 July 1946.
21 October 2005