Marked by firm determination; resolved. The first, third, fourth, and fifth Resolutes, retained the name from previous mercantile service. The second Resolute was so named upon entering U.S. Navy service.
(SP - 3218: tonnage 68; length 89’ (reg.); beam 17’; draft 8’ (mean); speed 6.9 knots; complement 14)
The fourth Resolute, a wooden tug, was built during 1906 in Mobile, Ala.; ordered purchased for the U.S. Navy 8 August 1918 from John Emile Dredging Co. of Jacksonville, Fla.; and commissioned 14 January 1919, Chief Boatswain's Mate Hans Peterson in charge.
Resolute performed local patrol and minesweeping duties within the Parris Island, S.C., Section Patrol area, operating from Port Royal, S.C. Transferred 31 May 1919 to the U.S. Marine Corps at. Parris Island, Resolute was sold 21 April 1920 to West India Steamship Co. of New York for whom she served through 1926.
25 September 2005