(SP - 1083: length 45’; beam 9’6”; draft 3’; speed 8 knots; armament 1 machine gun)
Regis II was built as a yacht in 1902 by Simon Martin for J. E. Kerr of Baltimore, Md. Delivered to the Navy at the 5th Naval District 16 July 1917, she was placed in service the next day and operated as a patrol craft in and around Norfolk harbor, Hampton Roads, and the lower reaches of Chesapeake Bay. She was returned to her owner 25 January 1919.
23 September 2005