A former name retained.
(SP-1004: l. 45; b. 96; dr. 17; s. 20 k.; cpl. 5)
Qui Vive (SP1004) was built by Hutchinson Bros., Alexandria, N.Y., for Houston Barnard, Rochester, N.Y., and was chartered by the Navy 22 June 1917 from H. Barnard at Alexandria Bay, N.Y. She was assigned to the 5th Naval District for section patrol duty. However, Qui Vive served as a hospital boat at Norfolk from 3 December 1917 until 6 May 1919.
She decommissioned at Norfolk 6 May 1919 and was returned to her owner 27 May 1919.