A town in southeast Maryland. The first two Pocomokes were named for Pocomoke City, Md. The third was named for a Sound on the east side of the Chesapeake Bay, east of Tangier Island.
(SP571:l. 647; b. 203; dr. 5; a. 1 1-pdr.)
The first Pocomoke (SP571), a freight boat, was built by Brewster Bros., Baltimore, Md.; commissioned 24 April 1917 and returned to her owner, the Fish Commission, Commonwealth of Virginia, 22 October 1918 after section patrol duty.