A town in Massachussetts on Plymouth Bay, 18 miles southeast of Brockton; founded by the Pilgrims in 1620.
(ScStr: dp. 10,750 (n.); l. 3951; b. 552; dr. 27; s. 11 k.; cpl. 85; a. 1 5, 1 3)
Plymouth (SP3308), built in 1915 by the New York Shipbuilding Co., Camden, N.J., was taken over from the ItalianAmerican Steamship Co. by USSB and simultaneously transferred to the Navy 30 July 1918; and commissioned at New York Navy Yard 2 August, Lt. Comdr. H. A. von Pflugk, USNRF, in command.
Assigned to NOTS, Plymouth loaded military supplies at Baltimore; sailed for Hampton Roads 21 August 1918 to join a convoy bound for France; and arrived Brest 11 September. Upon returning to New York from La Pallice 17 October, the ship again sailed for France with an Army cargo, arriving at St. Nazaire 9 December 1918.
Plymouth returned to Philadelphia 10 January 1919 and steamed on to New York. She decommissioned there 25 February and transferred to USSB for disposal. She was sold to Green Star S. S. Co. in 1920.