(YTB–403: dp. 310 (f.); l. 101’; b. 28’; dr. 11’; s. 12 k.; Cpl. 10; a. 2 .50 cal. mg.; cl. Sassaba)
Pitamakan (YTB–403) was laid down 6 November 1944 by Gibbs Corp., Jacksonville, Fla.; launched 29 June 1945; sponsored by Mrs. H. M. Sarton; and delivered to the Navy. Allocated in 1945 to the 13th Naval District, Seattle, Wash., Pitamakan entered the Pacific Reserve Fleet, Astoria, Ore., in March 1946. Assigned to the 6th Naval District, Charleston, S.C., she began active duty in July 1953. She was reclassified YTM–403 in February 1962. Into 1970 she remained active with the 6th Naval District.