A former name retained.
(YFB–30: dp. 118; l. 92’5”; b. 18’; dr. 4’)
Pilgrim II (YFB–30), a motor houseboat, was built for William H. Elkins of Philadelphia, Pa. in 1925 by the John H. Mathis Co., Camden, N.J. and acquired by the Navy from her owner 24 March 1942.
Converted for use as a river patrol boat by the Mathis Co. yard at Camden, Pilgrim II was assigned to the 4th Naval District and placed in service 28 April 1942 at the Philadelphia Navy Yard. Manned by a Coast Guard crew, she served as a Delaware River patrol craft through the end of the war.
Pilgrim II was struck from the Navy List and returned to her owner 10 June 1947.