(PC–569: dp. 374; l. 169’7”; b. 20’9”1 s. 20 k.; cpl. 80; a. 1 3”, 1 40mm., 2 dcp., 2 dct., 2 rkt.; cl. PC–461)
PC–569, a steel-hulled submarine chaser, was laid down 11 September 1941 by Albina Engine and Machinery Works, Inc., Portland, Ore.; launched 22 January 1942; fitted out at Puget Sound Navy Yard; and commissioned there 9 May 1942.
Upon completion of June shakedown off the west coast, PC–569 reported to Commander Western Sea Frontier for duty. She departed San Francisco, Calif. on her first convoy escort operation 23 July. Through 1943 she operated between San Diego and San Francisco, Calif., and as far north as Port Angeles, Juan de Fuca Strait, Wash. In February 1944 she shifted operations to the Aleutians, calling at Attu, Shemya, and Amchitka.
Arriving Pearl Harbor 24 April 1944, PC–569 conducted patrols, escorted ships, and provided a sea-going training facility in the Hawaiian Island area until the end of the war. She remained in Hawaii until April 1946, departing the 21st for San Pedro, Calif.
PC–569 departed San Pedro 10 May 1946, cruising via the Panama Canal for inactivation overhaul at the New York Naval Shipyard. Arriving New York 1 June, she remained there until 11 November, after which she touched at Charleston, S.C. enroute Mayport, Fla. The submarine chaser decommissioned 25 March 1947 and was placed with the Atlantic Reserve Fleet, Green Cove Springs, Fla.
Named Petoskey 2 February 1956, she remained inactive at Green Cove Springs until struck from the Navy List 1 July 1960 and sold to A. S. Wikstrom, Inc., Skaneatelas, N.Y.