Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Pawtucket

 

A city in Rhode Island.

 

II

 

(YTB–359: dp. 206; l. 102’2”; b. 24’; dr. 10’; s. 12 k. ; Cpl. 12; cl. Allaquippa)

 

Pawtucket (YTB–359), a harbor tug, was laid down as YT–359 in 1943 by Gulfport Boiler and Welding Works, Port Arthur, Tex.; acquired by the Navy 30 March 1943; and assigned duties at the Philadelphia Navy Yard.

 

Redesignated YTB–359 in May 1944, Pawtucket operated in the area of the Philadelphia Navy Yard throughout the war. She was placed out of service, in reserve in March 1946 at Philadelphia.

 

Pawtucket was reactivated in January 1951. At that time she resumed duties as a harbor tug at the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard. Redesignated YTM–359 in February 1962, she remains active at Philadelphia into 1970.