A city in Washington.
(PF6: dp. 1,430; l. 3031; b. 376; dr. 138; s. 20.3 k.; Cpl. 190; a. 3 3; cl. Tacoma; T. S2S2AQ1)
Pasco (PF6) was laid down as M.C. hull 1424, 7 July 1943 by Kaiser Cargo Co., Inc., Richmond, Calif.; launched 17 August 1943; sponsored by Miss Myrna Olson; and commissioned 15 April 1944.
After shakedown Pasco reported to San Francisco 25 May, and continued patrol operations in the San Francisco-San Diego area until reporting to Kodiak to join the Alaskan Sea Frontier 15 October. In January 1945, she returned to Seattle and guarded the northern Pacific coast.
After war-time service, the ship was leased to Russia in August 1945 and continued operations with that power until 1950, when she returned to the United States and went into reserve. Loaned to Japan in 1953, the frigate was struck from the Naval Vessel Register 1 December 1961. In 1964, the ship was given to Japan and continues operations with the Japanese as Kashi into 1970.