Name commemorating the Puritans of New Engldan.
(SP2222: t. 1,762; l. 259; b. 406; s. 15.6 k.)
The third Puritan, a transport built by Craig Shipbuilding Company, Toledo, Ohio, was launched in 1901, purchased April 1918 and commissioned 20 November 1918.
After the Armistice, many American vessels were pressed into service to bring the troops home. After such duty, Puritan decommissioned at New York 30 September 1919, and was sold.