A movement forward.
(AMc98: dp. 195; l. 971; b. 22; dr. 86; s. 10 k.; cpl. 17; a. 2 .50 cal. mg, 4 .30 cal. mg; cl. Acme)
Progress (AMc98) was laid down 28 May 1941 by Anderson and Cristofani, San Francisco, Calif.; launched 6 September 1941; sponsored by Miss Marilyn Lewis; and placed in service at Mare Island Navy Yard 24 January 1942.
Progress was immediately assigned to the 14th Naval District and reported for duty 11 March 1942 at Pearl Harbor. She patrolled Hawaiian waters throughout World War II.
Progress decommissioned at Pearl Harbor 3 July 1946; was struck from the Naval Vessel Register 31 July 1946; and was turned over to the Maritime Commission 19 December 1946.