Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Portobago

 

(YTB–413: dp. 345 (f.); l. 100’; b. 26’; dr. 10’; s. 12 k.; cpl. 14; cl. Sassaba)

 

Portabago (YTB–413) was laid down 11 July 1944 by Ira S. Bushey and Sons, Inc., Brooklyn, N.Y.; launched 30 September 1944; and delivered to the Navy 11 June 1945.

 

Following delivery Portabago was placed in service and assigned to the Pacific Fleet for occupation service, 21 October 1945–1 September 1947. Since that time she has continued to provide tug service for Navy ships in the Yokosuka area. Redesignated in February 1962, she serves as YTM–413 into 1970.