A harbor north of Auckland, New Zealand.
(YAG–25: dp. 500 (f.); l. 158’; b. 31’; dr. 1 1’)
Completed in 1904, Port Whangarei (YAG–25) was acquired by the Navy from the New Zealand government in 1942, and commissioned 31 October 1942.
During her naval career, Port Whangarei (YAG–25) served in Service Squadron 8, Noumea, New Caledonia Island. Departing Auckland 26 June 1943, she carried provisions back to Noumea. Decommissioned 28 March 1944 at Wellington, N.Z., she was struck from the Naval Vessel Register 8 April 1944, and returned to her owner.