(YTB–402: dp. 345 (f.); l. 100’; b. 26’; dr. 10’; s. 12 k., cpl. 12; cl. Sassaba)
Panameta (YTB–402) was laid down 22 September 1944 by the Gibbs Gas Engine Co., Jacksonville, Fla.; launched 27 February 1945; christened by Mrs. Vera W. Lombard and placed in service 8 June 1945. Assigned to the 17th Naval District, the harbor tug Panameta, redesignated YTM–402 in February 1962, has continuously served, into 1970, that district and the ships of the Pacific Fleet operating in Aleutian and Alaskan waters.