An Indian word meaning “straight river.”
(YTM–756: dp. 390 (f.); l. 107’; b. 27’; dr. 12’; s. 12 k.; cpl. 16; cl. Chicopee)
Owatonna, a medium harbor tug built in 1955 by the National Steel and Shipbuilding Corp., served the US Army as LT–2083 until transferred to the Navy in July 1962. Named Owatonna and designated YTM–756, on 21 January 1962, she was placed in service in September 1964 in the 12th Naval District, where she serves into 1970.