An Indian name.
(YTB–401: dp. 345 (f.); l. 100’; b. 26’; dr. 10’; s. 12 k.; cpl. 14; cl. Sassaba)
Owachomo (YTB–401) was laid down 17 August 1944 by the Gibbs Gas Engine Co., Jacksonville, Fla.; launched 2 February 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Ethyl M. Ring; and placed in service 25 May 1945. Initially assigned to 17th Naval District, the harbor tug Owachomo, redesignated YTM–401 in February 1962, has continuously served that District, and the ships of the Pacific Fleet operating in Aleutian and Alaskan waters, into 1970.