Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Otokomi

 

(YTB–400: dp. 345 (f.); l. 100’; b. 26’; dr. 10’; cpl. 14; s. 12 k.; cl. Sassaba)

 

Otokomi (YTB–400) was laid down by the Gibbs Gas Engine Corp., Jacksonville, Fla., 18 July 1944; launched 5 January 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Isobel M. Dobson; and placed in service 14 May 1945.

 

Assigned to west coast duty, Otokomi traversed the Caribbean, transited the Panama Canal, and traveled up the Pacific coast to report for duty in the 11th Naval District. She operated in the San Diego area until ordered inactivated in March 1946. From then until reactivation in January 1951 she remained out of service, in reserve as a unit of the San Diego Group, Pacific Reserve Fleet. Following her second placement in service she again reported for duty in the 11th Naval District, where she has remained, redesignated YTM–400 (February 1962), into 1970.