Principal chief of the Onondaga Indians from 1830 until 1846, often referred to as “Captain Frost,” was known for his high character and eloquent speech.
(YTB–278: dp. 397; l. 110’; b. 27’; dr. 11’4”; s. 13 k.; cpl. 12; cl. Cahto)
Ossahinta (YTB–278), ex–YT–278, was built by Luders Marine Construction Co., Stamford, Conn., in 1943; completed 19 July 1944; and immediately assigned duties in the 12th Naval District.
Her first Fleet assignment took her to San Francisco, where she ably provided the vast array of services appropriate to tugs. Ossahinta remained active until December 1960, when she was struck from the Navy List and sold.