A former name retained.
(SP128: dp. 6; l. 460; b. 10; dr. 28; s. 15 mph; cpl. 5; a. 1 1pdr., 2 mg.)
Ono, a motorboat built in 1905 at Detroit, Mich. by Seymour, was taken over by the Navy and commissioned at Detroit 16 June 1917, Coxswain William G. W. Quanton in command, and was formally purchased by the government from William Reed-Hill, Detroit, 2 July 1917.
Operating in the loth Naval District, Detroit, Ono patrolled this area throughout her naval career. After the war, she was sold to Harry M. Coomer 20 November 1919.
Ono (SS357), ex-Friar, was authorized for construction at Electric Boat Co., Groton, Conn., but the contract was cancelled 29 July 1944.