One who sees.
(AMC91: dp. 228; l 971; b. 22; dr. 91; s. 10 k.; cpl. 17; a. 2 .50 cal. mg.; cl. Acme)
The first Observer was laid down 6 September 1941 by F. L. Fulton Co., Antioch, Calif.; launched 15 January 1942; sponsored by Mrs. E. Stamm and placed in service 14 April 1942.
Observer was assigned to the 12th Naval District and was homeported at San Francisco. She operated out of this port until taken out of service 10 December 1945. She was striken 8 May 1946 and transferred to the Maritime Commission 21 August 1947.