An island in the Hawaiian Archipelago.
(YFB–17: dp. 288; l. 145’6”; b. 44’)
Nihoa (YFB–17), a steel ferry-launch, was purchased by the Navy at Pearl Harbor in 1941. Allocated to the 14th Naval District, she provided ferry services to the Naval Air Station, Ford Island, Pearl Harbor.
She served as a ferry at Pearl Harbor until 1961. In April of that year Nihoa was placed out of service and sold by the Navy to a private purchaser.