Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Neoga

 

An Indian name.

 

(YTB–263: dp. 400; l. 110’; b. 27’; dr, 11’4”; s. 12 k.; cpl. 12; a. 2 .50cal. Mg.; cl. Cahlo)

 

Neoga was laid down as YT–263, 24 December 1943, by the J. M. Martinac Shipbuilding Corp., Tacoma, Wash.; named Neoga 28 April 1944; reclassified YTB–263, 15 May 1944; launched 13 June 1944; and placed in service 21 October 1944.

 

Neoga, a harbor tug, performed towing, docking, berthing, firefighting, and salvage services in the 14th Naval District, headquartered at Pearl Harbor, throughout her career. Redesignated YTM–263 in February 1962, she was placed out of service and struck from the Navy List 1 May 1965.