Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Nacheninga

 

An Indian name.

 

(YTB–520: dp. 237; l. 100’; b. 25’; dr. 11’6”; s. 12 k.)

 

Nacheninga (YTB–520) was laid down in February 1945 by Consolidated Shipbuilding Corp., Morris Heights, N.Y.; launched 16 May; and delivered 7 September.

 

She operated mainly in Pearl Harbor, providing assistance in the vicinity of anchorages and piers for berthing and docking evolutions. She also provided towing services, waterfront fire protection, and served as an inner harbor patrol craft.

 

In the late 1940’s, she was temporarily declared inactive, out of service, but resumed duties shortly thereafter. From 1951 she continued to operate in the 14th Naval District, Pearl Harbor. Redesignated YTM in 1954, she served as an activity craft at Pearl Harbor through 1967, when she was struck from the Naval Register and sold.