A distinguished Potawatami chief.
(YNT‑9: dp. 77; l. 70' b. 19'3" dr. 6'6")
Metea, built as 0swell Foss by the Foss Launch & Tug Co., Tacoma, Wash., in 1940, was purchased by the Navy, 15 October 1940; converted at the Navy Yard, Puget Sound; renamed Metea (YN‑41),29 October 1940; and placed in service 5 November 1940.
On 2 December 1940, Metea departed Puget Sound for San Diego, arriving and reporting for duty in the 11th Naval District on the 12th. The tug, reclassified YNT‑9, 1 May 1941, provided net tending services at San Diego until 14 May 1941. She then sailed to San Pedro where she remained, as a unit of the inshore patrol, until placed out of service 18 July 1946. Struck from the Naval Register 31 July 1946, she was transferred to the Maritime Administration for disposal 31 March 1947.