Towns in northwestern Oregon and central Tennessee.
(PCS‑1401; dp. 251 (lt.); l. 136"; b. 24'6"; dr. 8'7"; s. 14 k.; cpl. 57; a. 1 40mm., 2 20mm., 2 dct., 2 dcp., 1 dcp. (hh.); cl. PCS‑1376)
McMinnville (PCS‑1401) was laid down as YMS‑542 by South Coast Co., Newport Beach, Calif., 3 March 1944; redesignated PCS‑1401 23 June 1944; launched 22 July 1944; and commissioned at Newport Beach 21 February 1945, Lt. R. P. Gray in command.
After shakedown training out of San Diego, PCS‑1401 reported for duty with the West Coast Sound Training Squadron at San Diego 25 March 1945. During the closing months of World War II she operated off southern California training men in antisubmarine warfare sonar techniques. She had similar duty out of San Diego over the next decade, joining Service Squadron 1 in November 1954.
On 31 March 1955 she left San Diego for Panama, New Orleans, and Chattanooga, Tenn., where she decommissioned 1 June 1955, was placed in an “in service” status, and began training naval reservists of the Chattanooga area. Renamed McMinnville (PCS‑1401) 15 February 1956, she continued to give vital service in maintaining reserve readiness until struck from the Navy list 1 August 1962. She was sold to Marine Exploration Co., Miami, Fla., 28 May 1963.