A Choctaw chieftain.
(YT‑328: dp. 218; l. 100'; b. 25'; dr. 9'7"; s. 12 k.; cl. Hiawatha; T. V2‑M‑A1)
Mauvila (YT‑328), built by the Brunswick Marine Construction Corp., Brunswick, Ga., under Maritime Commission contract, was launched as Port Deposit, 1August 1942; sponsored by Mrs. B. F. Weathers; acquired by the Navy 23 January 1943; renamed Mauvila, and placed in service 12 February 1943.
Mauvila was originally allocated to the 6th Naval District, the district in which she had been built. Soon after being placed in service, however, she was transferred to the 10th Naval District, headquartered at San Juan, P.R. There she performed miscellaneous towing services for the Navy until struck from the Naval Register 1 April 1963. During her 20 years service she was reclassified twice: first, to YTB‑328, 15 May 1944; later, to YTM‑328, February 1962.