Former name retained.
(SP‑737: t. 35; l. 100'; b. 12'6"; dr. 4'6"; s. 20 k.; cpl. 14; a. 2 3‑pdr., 2 mg.)
Marold (SP‑737), built by the Northern Boat Co., Port Clinton, Ohio, in 1914, was acquired by the U.S. Navy on it free‑lease basis front L. K. Liggett, Chesnut Hill, Pa., and commissioned 2 June 1917, Ens. W. F. Lakeman, USNRF, in command.
Assigned to the 1st Naval District during her brief service in the U.S. Navy, Marold operated as a section patrol boat out of Rockland, Maine. She was returned to her owner 9 May 1919.