Former name retained.
(SP‑1080: l. 32'; b. 5'6"; dr. 1'10" (mean); s. 22 k.)
Marjorie M. (SP‑1080), built in 1912 by Gottshalk, Philadelphia, Pa., was acquired on a free‑lease basis by the U.S. Navy from A. P. Dennis, 18 August 1917. Placed in service the same day, she operated as a motor patrol boat in the 9th Naval District, headquartered at Great Lakes, Ill., until returned to her owner 23 November 1918.