Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Marie

 

Former names retained

 

II

 

(SP‑1260: t. 16; l. 63'; b. 12'6"; dr. 4'6"; a. 1 1‑pdr.)

 

The second Marie (SP‑1260), a motorboat built in 1901, was ordered taken over by the Navy 4 April 1917 and commissioned 13 October 1917.

 

After serving throughout the war on patrol duty in the 5th Naval District out of Norfolk, she was stricken from the Naval Register and returned to her owner, O. L. Owens, 10 January 1919.