A former name retained.
(SP‑193; t. 33; l. 60'; b. 13'; dr. 3'6"; s. 12 k.; cpl. 6; a. 1 1‑pdr, 1 mg.)
Marguerite (SP‑193)was built by Smith‑Williams Co., Salisbury, Md., in 1916; purchased by the Navy from W. D. Sargent, Bayonne, N.J., 27 June 1917; and commissioned 2 October 1917.
Assigned to the 7th Naval District, Marquerite operated as a section patrol boat out of St. Augustine, Fla., during her brief service in the U.S. Navy. She was transferred to the Treasury Department for use by the U.S. Coast Guard 11 December 1919.