A former name retained.
(SP‑870: t. 34; 1. 65'; b. 14'; dr. 4'; s. 8.6 k.; cpl. 11; a. 1 1‑pdr., 1 mg.)
Margo (SP‑870), a wooden‑hulled motorboat, was built in 1913 by Mathis Yacht Building Co., Camden, N.J.; acquired by the Navy on a free‑lease basis from G. H. McNelly, Philadelphia, Pa., 14 June 1917; and placed in service the same day, Ens. Rick F. Nowell, USNRF, in command.
Margo served on section patrol in the 4th Naval District, based at Philadelphia, during her brief naval career. Following the Armistice she was returned to her owner, 4 December 1918.