Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Margin

 

A former name retained.

 

(SP‑2119: dp. 2.5; l. 41'6"; b. 7'; dr. 2'6"; s. 13 k.; cpl. 4; a. 1 mg.)

 

 Margin. (SP‑2119) was built by W. E. Haff, Neptune Island, N.Y., in 1917; acquired on a free‑lease basis from W. D. Hatch, Neptune Island, N.Y., 21 March 1918; and commissioned 28 June 1918.

 

During her brief naval career, Margin served as a scout patrol boat in the 4th Naval District, based at Philadelphia. She was, returned to her owner 1 April 1919.