Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Manzanita

 

A former name retained.

 

(ScStr: t. 677; l. 190'; b. 30'; dr. 10'7"; s. 13 k.; cpl. 25)

 

Manzanita, a lighthouse tender built at Camden, N.J. in 1908, was transferred to the Navy with the entire Lighthouse Service by Executive order 11 April 1917. She was returned to the custody of the Department of Commerce 1 July 1919.