A former name retained.
(SP‑1288: dp. 18; l. 41'; b. 9'; dr. 2'6"; a. 8 k.; a. 1 1‑pdr.)
Music (SP‑1288), a motor launch, was built in 1914 by Chance Marine Construction Co., Annapolis, Md., for the Conservation Commission of Maryland. She was acquired and commissioned by the Navy 17 August 1917.
Assigned to the 5th Naval District, Music performed patrol and inspection duties in Hampton Roads and on the Elizabeth River during the war. She was returned to her owner 24 September 1918.