A former name retained.
(ScStr: dp. 7,345(n.); l. 828'6"; b. 46'; dr. 21'6"; s. 10 k.; cpl. 85; a. 2 3")
Munsomo (No. 1607), a cargo ship, was built as a collier by Maryland Steel Co., Sparrows Point, Md., in 1916; acquired by the Navy 28 June 1918; and commissioned the same day at Baltimore, Lt. Comdr. A. Asborn, USNRF, in command.
Assigned to NOTS, sailing in convoy laden with supplies, Munsomo departed New York 9 August 1918 and reached Nantes on the 29th. After discharging her cargo she returned to the United States via Verdon, arriving Baltimore 25 September.
On 16 October Munsomo with a mixed cargo made a second crossing in convoy, reaching Brest 2 November. She proceeded to Nantes to ballast, and returned to the United States, arriving Newport News 29 November. She next made a run to Antilla, Cuba, carrying general supplies and returned to New York with a cargo of sugar. Munsomo decommissioned 4 February 1919 and returned to her owner.