A former name retained.
(ScStr: dp. 7,345 (n.) 1. 328'6"; b. 46'2"; dr. 21'6"; s. 11 k. cpl. 93; a. 2 3")
Munplace (No. 2346) was built in 1916 by Maryland Steel Co., Sparrows Point, Md.; acquired by the Navy from Munson Steamship Lines 31 August 1918; and commissioned the same day at Newport News, Va., Lt. Comdr. James H. Lum, USNRF, in command.
Assigned to NOTS Munplace loaded with supplies, crossed to France in convoy, and arrived at Rochfort 4 October. Proceeding to La Pallice, she discharged her cargo, went on to Verdon, and returned to Norfolk 10 November. After a second crossing to La Pallice, returning to Newport News in January 1919, Munplace decommissioned 15 February 1919 and was returned to her owner.