Former merchant name retained.
(YTB‑145 : dp. 237; l. 100'; b. 25'; dr. 11'; s. 12 k.)
Third Montezuma was constructed as a harbor tug by Consolidated Shipbuilding Corp., Morris Heights, N.Y., and launched 2 December 1940. She was delivered to the Navy 8 April 1941 as YT‑145 and assigned to the Service Force, Atlantic Fleet. She was allocated to the 5th Naval District, and throughout the war she operated out of Norfolk Navy Yard, Portsmouth, Va.
Montezuma’s classification was changed from YT to YTB effective 5 May. With the postwar reduction in force she was placed out of service, in reserve and berthed at Green Cove Springs, Fla. She was reactivated in September 1950 and has continued to serve the fleet as a harbor tug into 1969.