A village and fishing resort on Long Island, N.Y., near Montauk Point, the eastern extremity of New York.
(SP‑1213: t. 424; l. 134'6"; b. 26'; dr. 16'; s. 11.5 k.; cpl. 40; a. 1 3", 2 mg.)
The third Montauk (SP‑1213), ex‑Luckenbach No. 3, was built in 1899 by Neafie and Levy, Philadelphia, Pa.; purchased by the Navy from the Luckenbach S.S. Co., 12 October 1917; and commissioned 6 December 1917. Assigned to the 3d Naval District, she operated out of New York as a seagoing tug until 6 December 1919, when she was put up for sale. She was sold 21 May 1920 to the Bisso Towing Co.