Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Moldegaard

 

Merchant name retained.

 

(AK: dp. 6,200; l. 321'2"; b. 45'2"; dr. 18'6"; s. 9 k.; a. 2 3")

 

Moldegaard, merchantship, was built by Bergen Mekaniske Vaerketel, Bergen, Norway, in 1906; operated by J. L. Mowenkelt & Son until 1917 when sold to A. H. Bull & Co., of New York; taken over and commissioned. by the Navy 30 October 1918 for service as a collier during the war, making several voyages between United States and European ports. She departed Barry Roads 21 April 1919 on her final passage, arriving New York 2 June. She decommissioned and was returned to her owner 16 September 1919, continuing in merchant service until 1926.