An Iowa warrior.
(YTB‑258: dp. 415; l. 110'; b. 27'; dr. 11'4"; s. 12 k.; cpl. 10; cl. Chaska)
Moanahonga was laid down as YT‑258 by Anderson and Cristofani, San Francisco, Calif., 8 February 1944; redesignated YTB‑258, 14 May 1944; launched 5 August 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Alma Jones; and placed in service 14 October 1944.
Allocated to the 12th Naval District, Moanahonga remained in the San Francisco area until late 1916, when she was transferred to the 13th Naval District, headquartered at Seattle, Wash. Redesignated YTM‑258 in February 1962, she remained in that district, providing towing facilities, assistance in berthing and docking, and waterfront fire protection until placed out of service, 30 October 1964. Struck from the Navy list in January 1965, she was sold 17 July 1965.